This year’s ExhibitorLIVE trade show will be held at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas from February 25 – March 1. For the fourth year in a row E&E will be on hand to meet and greet prospects from a variety of industries all supporting the idea of connecting with prospects.
This year’s booth will be bigger and better than ever before – come visit us at Booth 539!
Our talented and experienced sales staff will be on hand at our 20×20 display to demonstrate the latest trends in trade show displays in 2018. The theme of this year’s event is Connect with Your Species and the breakout sessions, classes and workshops will be focused on ways to create lasting relationships with prospects that will enhance your profitability. In anticipation of a great event, here are just a few ideas to consider when planning to attend ExhibitorLIVE (or really any networking event) and connect with prospects.
5 Ways to Connect with Prospects
1. Start early. Start the conversation even before the event begins. Reach out to your prospects and invite them to connect. Find out what their focus is for the year and connect your services/products to their goals for 2018. Open the door to discussions by letting them know you will be there and want to meet. (Booth 539!)
2. Be relatable. When having conversations with prospects (in-person and online) make sure that you use terms that they’ll understand. Avoid company-speak, jargon and acronyms and just speak from the heart. Start by discovering their pain points and asking questions that relate to what they need rather than what you are selling. Consider the “feel-felt-found” method of discussion to relate to their current corporate needs. I understand you how you feel about that. Many others have felt the same way. And what they have found is that….
3. Be present. Being present means more than just a one-on-one conversation, it also relates to being present online. When you are visible and available on a variety of platforms, prospects have the chance to connect with you when and where they need to. That could mean a blog or on social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. The more prospects view you and your information, the better they will begin to understand your true value. Additionally, when you are present, prospects can see how you interact and respond to others. The more you are visible, the more people will appreciate your expertise. People buy from those they like and trust and being present helps aid in that customer relationships process.
4. Listen. Part of being present and relatable is the ability to really listen to your prospects. The art of listening is a skill that takes practice. This can be challenging at events like ExhibitorLIVE where there is so much happening at once. However, when you take the time to focus on each prospect, listen to their needs and concerns and ask additional follow up questions for clarification, this will go a long way, not only in building your relationship but also in allowing you to respond in a most effective manner.
5. Follow-up. When we first arrive back at the office after an exhilarating event like ExhibitorLIVE, the task of following up with prospects can seem daunting, however, those that take the time to respond, to follow up and follow through with requests will be the ones that successfully turn prospects into buying customers.
Whether you plan to attend ExhibitorLIVE or not this year, connecting with prospects is a year-round tactic for growing your business. Make sure you use one or all of these tips to help create lasting customer relationships.
NOTE: By the way, if you are planning on exhibiting at ExhibitorLIVE 2018 and still need a few accessories to make your booth complete – give us a call. We can help.
Let E&E Exhibit Solutions® bolster your next trade show!
480-966-9873 | 800-709-6935